Hydrostatic pressure is applied to objects submerged in water. The new hydrostatic inflator needs only to be submerged 4 inches (10 cm) for hydrostatic pressure to open a pressure valve which releases a firing mechanism that automatically inflates the PFD.
The PFD inflates under hydrostatic pressure and will not inflate prematurely due to rain, humidity or water contact (the PFD can also be inflated by pulling the activation cord).
No inflator maintenance is required for five years, unless fired.
Designed for Serious Users
Made for the most demanding users and the most severe marine environments the Auto Hydrostatic Inflatable PFD is constructed with durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon. It will meet the challenges of even the most demanding users. It also features the patented SecureZip™ closure system. The PFD will stay closed during even the most rigorous activity. It effortlessly opens upon inflation and is easy to repack.
Safety Inspection Window
Easily view the inflator replacement date and inflator status through the safety inspection window - green indicates ready for use.
Born from our research in military applications, the patented SecureZip™ closure system keeps the PFD closed during the most rigorous activity, makes the PFD easy to repack and effortlessly opens upon inflation.
Integrated Sailing Harness
The integrated sailing harness is incredibly lightweight and exceeds ORC standards.
Use only Mustang Survival re-arm kits. Use of other re-arm kits may result in improper operation or failure to operate and will void the product's warranty.
- Hammar 1F auto hydrostatic inflator is maintenance free for 5 years unless inflated
- Lightweight and comfortable design
- Neoprene Comfort Collar™
- Cylinder is contained inside bladder to protect against corrosion
- Durable 420-Denier nylon and heavy duty polyurethane coated nylon
- Strobe light holder, safety whistle and SOLAS reflective tape on bladder
- Backup oral inflation tube
- D-ring for kill switch attachment
- High performance cell with 35 lbs. of buoyancy, when inflated, is capable of self-righting a facedown person in seconds.
- Integrated sailing harness exceeds ORC standards
- Re-arm with MA7214 kit
Approval: U.S.C.G. Type II Recreational Use; Type V Commercial Use - UL1180 - Inflatable PFD 160.076
US Patent 6832415