- 65 lbs buoyancy when fully deployed
- Constructed using two polyurethane coated nylon redundant cells
- Manually activated inflator
- Secure-Zip™ closure system for easy repacking
- Oral inflation backup
- Pressure relief valve to prevent over inflation
- Integrates with PALS webbing on MOLLE vests
- SOLAS signal whistle & Sea Light
- Buddy line and lifting strap
- SOLAS reflective tape on inflated cell
- Ballistic Cylinder Pouch MA4050 provides CO˛ cylinder containment in the event of ballistic penetration.
- MA4065 re-arming kit for the inflatable cell
Life Preserver Inflatable Cells and Restraint Layer
Each damage tolerant life preserver (DTLP) contains two inflatable cells. The cells are made from Radio Frequency (RF) welded, polyurethane coated nylon fabric. Both versions are inflated using co˛ to inflate either cell. If one cell is compromised prior to inflation, the functional redundant cell can be inflated maintaining full flotation performance.
The MD4035 FR incorporates manually activated inflators and is designed primarily for rotary wing aircrew conducting operations in extreme or hostile environments. The MD4035 FR may be actuated manually by pulling on the beaded handle for either chamber. Both cells incorporate oral inflation tubes. This provides a means to top off or fill each bladder should failure of the CO˛ cylinders occur or if reduced inflation is experience when operating in cold weather conditions. Inflating either one or both chambers provide full function of the device for operational use. Both chambers have oral inflation backup and pressure relief valves to prevent over inflation. The MD4035 FR comes equipped with a dump valve that allows emergency deflation and improved mobility if needed. When inflated, the cell forms a yoke around the back of the user's neck, extending into two lobes down the users chest. The inflatable cells are contained within a protective restraint layer, and can be easily removed for maintenance, replaced or repaired.
The MD4035 FR protective cover is made from flame resistant Cordura™. The restraint layer is black in color. The MD4035 FR damage tolerant life preserver (DTLP) comes standard with a SOLAS signal whistle, sea light, buddy line, lifting strap, and SOLAS grade retro reflective tape.
The DTLP technology and design are protected by Mustang Survival's US Patent No. 6,453,840 and Canadian Patent No. 2,392,146.