The MSD901's 3-layer system is functionally integrated to provide superior protection, comfort and durability previously unseen in an immersion worksuit. Mustang's patented "Breathability System" enhances comfort and reduces heat stress during long and strenuous operations. The neoprene wrist and adjustable neck seals provide a level of comfort previously unachieved in a suit that provides this degree of protection and performance. The highly visible outer shell is constructed of 210 denier nylon and reinforced in high abrasion areas with even more rugged 500 denier Cordura nylon panels. A snap down inflatable head pillow makes the MSD901 compatible with a variety of marine survival equipment. With the MSD901's modular system, users will realize reduced life-cycle maintenance costs as components can be repaired or replaced individually.
- Provides an estimated 6 hours of survival time in 32° F water, rating an immersed Clo of 0.74 (based on a thermally insulated mannequin)
- 3 modular layers are integrated into one unit to provide optimal protection and offer convenient repair or replacement of parts
- Breathable inner liner provides thermal protection and flotation using ultra soft closed cell foam
- Immersion module uses Gore-Tex® waterproof breathable fabric
- Outer shell protects against normal wear and tear and is reinforced on the seat and knees for increased abrasion resistance
- Trim to fit neoprene wrist seals
- Wide leg construction and side zippers accommodate a 16" boot and makes the suit even easier to don
- 62 square inches of SOLAS / IMO reflective tape provides high visibility
- Inflatable pillow adds head support and improved freeboard
- Fleece lined hand warmers offer relief for cold, wet hands
- Thigh and chest pockets as well as calf pocket for survival hood
- Elbows, knees and seat are reinforced with 500 denier Cordura®
- Closed Comfort System (CCS™) adjustable neck seal
- Easy clip belt keepers stabilize duty belts and gear
- Waterproof male / female relief zipper
- Internal Removable Suspender System MA7650 accommodates a range of sizes
- Included closed cell neoprene survival hood provides thermal protection in extreme cold weather environments and includes Velcro® for light attachment
THREE LAYER SYSTEM
First Layer - Thermal Layer
This layer uses ultra soft polyvinylchloride (PVC) closed cell Comfort Zone™ foam to provide exceptional thermal protection and inherent buoyancy. It is also designed with Hydro Vantage™ quilted wicking fabric, which pulls moisture away from the body, ensuring a dry comfortable fit.
Second Layer - Immersion Module
This second layer of protection provides a waterproof barrier. Using GoreTex® Best Defense® fabric provides a waterproof, windproof, breathable layer which reduces heat stress and fatigue, while maximizing thermal and immersion protection during long operations. This layer also has Closed Comfort System (CCM™) neoprene wrist seals and a patented adjustable neck seal for improved comfort and fit.
Third Layer - Outer Shell
Using durable 210 Denier Polyurethane-coated Nylon, the shell is designed to protect the inner layers against debris and other abrasive materials. Advanced features include Advanced Ventilation Technology (AVT™) venting design, which promoted heat and moisture regulation. Reinforced seat and knee panels using 500 Denier Cordura® Nylon maximizes worksuit longevity. An inflatable pillow adds head support and improved freeboard, while SOLAS / IMO reflective tape provides high visibility.
Immersed Clo 0.74
Evaluated for hypothermia protection, MSD901 provides an estimated 6 hours of survival time in 32°F water, rating (based on thermally insulated mannequin) an Immersed Clo of 0.74
Approval: Not currently categorized for Coast Guard Approval
US Patent 5267519; 6668386
Canadian Patent 2082793 & 2381720
* * Export restrictions may apply, call for inquiry.