Mustang Survival set out to make the traditional Floater Coat™ more comfortable, better looking and overall more wearable. Introducing Mustang Survival's Catalyst flotation coat with the all new M-Tech Comfort System™.
When worn in combination, the Catalyst Flotation Coat and Catalyst Flotation Pant MP4240 provide an immersed Clo value of 0.17.
MC5444 has been discontinued and replaced with Harmonized MC5446 Float Coat. Limited stock.
- M-Tech Comfort System™ provides unparallel range of motion and mobility
- Waterproof, breathable, tri-laminate outer shell
- Outer shell is waterproof to 10,000 mm with vapor transmission rate of 5,000 g/m2 per 24 hours
- Protection from rain and spray without the clammy feeling of traditional flotation jackets
- Field tested by Coast Guard training crews, fishing lodges and Mustang PRO staff
- Interior pocket, zippered chest pocket and front slash hand warmer pockets
- Under arm ventilation zippers
- Reflective accents for enhanced visibility
- Integrated hood with reflective trim tucks away inside the collar
- ComfortCuff™ technology
- D-ring for attachment point
- Immersed Clo* 0.17 when worn with the Catalyst Pant MP4240
Approval: USCG - UL1123 - Marine Buoyant Devices 160.064 - Type III
M-TECH COMFORT SYSTEM™
The secret to the most comfortable flotation jacket on the market utilizes the M-Tech Comfort System™. The M-Tech Comfort System™ is a 3-layer, waterproof, breathable, wearable flotation system.
A wicking liner that aids breathability.
Segmented foam that moves and flexes with you.
A waterproof, breathable tri-laminate outer shell that keeps rain and spray in the ocean where they belong.
A coat that keeps you dry, floats you when you need it and is so comfortable you want to wear it even when you're not on the water. That's the M-Tech Comfort System™ and it's only available from Mustang Survival.
|Material Characteristic||Value||Benefit||Did You Know?|
|Tri-Laminate Construction||Double sided 200 x 320D nylon outer with a breathable inner membrane||Double sided nylon outer aids durability and prevents degradation of the breathable inner membrane.||Tri-laminate construction offers improved durability over a two layer laminate and is more breathable than coated fabrics.|
|Waterproof||10,000 mm / 24 hours||Keeps the wearer dry in severe conditions for prolonged periods of time. Thirty two feet of rain can fall on the coat within a 24 hour period before it will start to leak through.||Most water resistant jackets have a ~3,000 mm / 24 hour rating, while most water proof jackets have at least a 5,000 mm / 24 hour rating.|
|Breathable||Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate >5,000 g / m2 / 24 hours||Allows body moisture to exit the garment, reducing heat stress and preventing moisture from accumulating within the garment.||5,000 g / m2 / 24 hours is the base rate of most breathable fabrics.|