Mustang Survival set out to make the traditional Floater Coat™ more comfortable, better looking and overall more wearable. Introducing Mustang Survival's Catalyst flotation coat with the all new M-Tech Comfort System™.
When worn in combination, the Catalyst Flotation Coat and Catalyst Flotation Pant MP4240 provide an immersed Clo value of 0.17.
- M-Tech Comfort System™ provides unparallel range of motion and mobility
- Waterproof, breathable, tri-laminate outer shell
- Outer shell is waterproof to 10,000 mm with vapor transmission rate of 5,000 g/m2 per 24 hours
- Protection from rain and spray without the clammy feeling of traditional flotation jackets
- Field tested by Coast Guard training crews, fishing lodges and Mustang PRO staff
- Interior pocket, zippered chest pocket and front slash hand warmer pockets
- Under arm ventilation zippers
- Reflective accents for enhanced visibility
- Integrated hood with reflective trim tucks away inside the collar
- ComfortCuff™ technology
- D-ring for attachment point
Approval: USCG - UL1123 - Marine Buoyant Devices 160.064 - Type III
M-TECH COMFORT SYSTEM™
The secret to the most comfortable flotation jacket on the market utilizes the M-Tech Comfort System™. The M-Tech Comfort System™ is a 3-layer, waterproof, breathable, wearable flotation system.
A wicking liner that aids breathability.
Segmented foam that moves and flexes with you.
A waterproof, breathable tri-laminate outer shell that keeps rain and spray in the ocean where they belong.
A coat that keeps you dry, floats you when you need it and is so comfortable you want to wear it even when you're not on the water. That's the M-Tech Comfort System™ and it's only available from Mustang Survival.
|Material Characteristic||Value||Benefit||Did You Know?|
|Tri-Laminate Construction||Double sided 200 x 320D nylon outer with a breathable inner membrane||Double sided nylon outer aids durability and prevents degradation of the breathable inner membrane.||Tri-laminate construction offers improved durability over a two layer laminate and is more breathable than coated fabrics.|
|Waterproof||10,000 mm / 24 hours||Keeps the wearer dry in severe conditions for prolonged periods of time. Thirty two feet of rain can fall on the coat within a 24 hour period before it will start to leak through.||Most water resistant jackets have a ~3,000 mm / 24 hour rating, while most water proof jackets have at least a 5,000 mm / 24 hour rating.|
|Breathable||Moisture Vapor Transmission Rate >5,000 g / m2 / 24 hours||Allows body moisture to exit the garment, reducing heat stress and preventing moisture from accumulating within the garment.||5,000 g / m2 / 24 hours is the base rate of most breathable fabrics.|